1/16/2008

Gas Leak

When I got back to the home, three men were working around the apartment building. I soon recognized a company emblem of the gas firm on their uniform. I thought there were a gas failure in some resident's room. It's nothing unusual.

However, I could smell gas. And they had broken the concrete ground next to the entrance open. If only one room has had a problem, they wouldn't ruin the shared space.

They said gas leak was from a trunk line supplying gas to this whole building. Thus, my house also has been under danger of gas explotion this afternoon.

Now the crack on the pipeline is fixed and I can use the gas stove -- I must have cold without heat tonight. Living in the city is like walking on a knife-edge, I become keenly aware of that occasionally.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home